Frequently Asked Questions

My girlfriend and I had a child. Problems arose, and she left with our infant child and went to another state. Can she legally do this?

Yes, she probably can. Unless there was a restraining order or other court decree that prevents her and/or the child from leaving the State, she would be free to do so, just as any legal parent of a child would be.