Frequently Asked Questions

Where do we need to do to get a shared parenting order in different States?

First of all, be aware that only one State has jurisdiction. That's where you'll need the attorney to be.

You and the other parent should try to collaborate on a parenting plan. If you can come to agreement on the parenting plan, you can both sign an agreed order and then ask a judge to sign it. Unless there is something terribly wrong with the agreed order, most judges will sign it.