Frequently Asked Questions

My ex wants to bring me to court for support she did not receive when I was out of work with no unemployment benefits. Do I owe her that even though I wasn't receiving any income?

Yes, you will normally owe the back unless you filed for a reduction in or a suspension of the support obligation. Child support obligations are not normally mitigated by other circumstances such as unemployment. This may not be fair (or realistic), but this is the way the courts normally view it.