Frequently Asked Questions

The ex-wife has moved to several different states without notifying the court or the father, and her whereabouts are unknown. The child is now is foster care. Will he have to pay the back support?

Quite possibly. Even worse, he may also have to pay the State for costs associated for the foster care, whether or not he knew about it or was offered custody of the child. This is unfair, but this is often the way the courts operate.