Frequently Asked Questions

Can I deny visitation because I do not want my children around my ex's new boyfriend/girlfriend?

No, you cannot. If you do, you will be in contempt of court.

The only time it would be reasonable to deny visitation would be if you honestly believed that the children would or will be in immediate physical danger. You would also need to be able to prove this assertion in court to avoid a contempt charge.