Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a minimum child support amount in my State that my ex should have to pay, whether or not they're working?

Even if not working and receiving no income, your ex has a responsibility to help support the children. Family and Domestic courts will recognize this and set a minimum figure for support. The methods used to arrive at that figure vary, but it is often done by the judge imputing a monthly income to your ex and then basing the child support on that figure.