Frequently Asked Questions

Can I hold my ex in contempt for [[i]insert violation here[/i]].

Possibly, if the charge (violation) has any substantive merit to it. If it's frivolous you'll have a more difficult time getting to court. Even if you can, ask yourself if it's really worth the time and money it will take to press the issue.

We suggest not getting too fractious over things that don't really bear on the child's actual well-being. Matters that affect the child's mental or physical health, educational development, and general socialization, however, are worth taking to court. Anything that genuinely impairs a child's development in life is cause for concern and action.