Frequently Asked Questions

Can I write a minor child out of my will? He is completely alienated and wants nothing to do with me.

You may specify the distribution of your assets in whatever manner you want in your will. Third parties (such as your ex-spouse or children) may challenge the will; what happens after that is dependent upon how the will is written, the person executing the will (a trusted attorney), and the judge. If you want to make absolutely certain where your material assets end up, you may want to start transferring them to the intended recipient(s) now. If the assets aren't yours when you pass away, they can't be included in a challenge to your will.