Frequently Asked Questions

I'm agreeing to waive cost of living adjustments (COLAs) in my child support settlement. If later on I change my mind, can I get those back?

Child support orders are almost always modifiable based on the paying parent's income. Even if you got COLAs written into a settlement, if sometime in the future child support was significantly out of guideline, either parent could go back to court and request a modification and it would probably be granted.