The following are all valid reasons you might want to look into having an evaluation done:
- If you genuinely believe that you are a significantly better parent than your ex.
- If you suspect your would interfere with the relationship between you and your children.
- If you believe your ex has psychological or medical problems that would prevent them from parenting effectively.
- If your ex has a history of criminal behavior, drug problems, or emotional instability.
- If your ex engages in behavior that is (or could be) seriously detrimental to the children.
- Your ex has exibited any incidents of child abuse or endangerment.