Frequently Asked Questions

Does a divorce or anullment need to be filed in the same state the marriage was in?

No. You may file for an annullment from any State, regardless of where your marriage took place. Note that some States no longer use the term "annullment", but instead use "invalidate". The general procedure for obtaining an annullment or invalidation is substantially the same, as are the results. The marriage is dissolved and is presumed to be legally non-existant.