This disclaimer applies to the SPARC site; you must agree to these terms when using the site for any purpose.
SPARC does not and cannot warrant the accuracy of the information provided on this World Wide Web site or the performance or results obtained by using this information. This information is provided "as is". By using the SPARC site, you agree to abide by this Disclaimer and Acceptable Use Policy.
SPARC makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, liability, or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the information provided here. To the extent you use or implement this information, you do so at your own risk.
In no event will SPARC or it owners, operators or officers be liable to you for any damages arising from your use or, your inability to use this information, including any legal encumbrances, or other incidental or consequential damages, even if SPARC has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by another party or entity.
The use of this site does not constitute an attorney-client relationship; in matters of law or litigation, local counsel should always be consulted. The opinions and information expressed on the SPARC site are the product of thousands of real life experiences and are not an attempt to proffer legal advice.
General Privacy Statement In general, you can visit the SPARC site and make use of its resources without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. For your security, password-protected accounts are required to post on the message boards or to use the chat room, however no personal data is required to obtain an account. We understand and respect the need for anonymity in divorce and custody situations.
Email Addresses We will not sell, lease, give, or transfer email addresses or other personal information from our users to any other business or entity. Your email address is safe with us.
Tracking Information We do keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyze this data for trends and statistics, and to track the overall number of 'hits' the SPARC site receives. We may also use this information to brag shamelessly about how well the site is doing.
Information security Although we have implemented appropriate business procedures to maintain information in a secure manner, due to the nature of the Internet as well as forces beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of data on the SPARC site.
In order to provide guidelines for acceptable use of the SPARC Site, the provisions in this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) shall be the standards by which operation and usage of the SPARC Site are measured. All users and Moderators of the SPARC Site are subject to the following defined policies:
1) Discrimination SPARC does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation or gender. As part of the SPARC Site Policy, discrimination on these grounds will not be tolerated.
2) Re-Use and/or Misuse Of Material
Most of the articles on the SPARC Site may be freely copied and used in their entirety, provided the SPARC attribution line is kept intact and the SPARC link is included. This applies to all material owned by SPARC, unless the detail line at the bottom of the article states otherwise. In the use of other material not owned by SPARC, you must obtain permission from the author(s) before using or reproducing it.
Material passing through the SPARC bulletin boards is of a transitory nature; we suggest that if you find something of interest, save yourself a copy since it will likely be gone in a few days or so.
The following activities are expressly prohibited on the SPARC site: Spoofing, eavesdropping, sniffing, spamming, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, forgery, "imposturing", electronic trespassing, tampering, hacking, tranfer or use of viruses, worms and Trojan horses that cause or attempt to cause unauthorized, damaging or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data, as well as other forms of activity that may be considered unlawful, harrassing, or that may interfere with the SPARC site operation. Violators will be subject to account removal, and SPARC Administration will cooperate with the proper authorities to track and vigorously prosecute the violator(s).
Posts containing personal information of other users will be removed, and the offending accounts will be deleted and/or banned. If requested, SPARC Administration will cooperate with the proper authorities to track and identify the violator(s)
When re-posting information found on SPARC to another web site or email list, please behave responsibly and in an adult manner. We don't support or condone the use of material from the SPARC Site being used to annoy, incense or inflame users of other World Wide Web Sites.
All user-generated material on the SPARC Web Site, including bulletin board postings and chat sessions is subject to review, deletion, and/or editing at the sole discretion of the SPARC Site Administrator. User-generated material becomes property of SPARC and may be republished and/or reused by SPARC in any format deemed useful, necessary, or desirable.
SPARC reserves the right to use any email you send as either a testimonial of how great this site is, or as an example of the idiotic things people send to us in email. Also, to prevent interference with the SPARC site, SPARC Administration reserves the right to ban any user for any reason, or for no reason at all.
3) Other Web Sites (The 'Raven' Clause ) The SPARC Web Site is not responsible for the content of any other World Wide Web Site even if the content originated from the SPARC Site. There is no way to prevent visitors from cross-posting information from the SPARC site to any other site, or vice-versa. Should you find material on another website that originated from the SPARC site to be offensive, we suggest you complain to the webmaster of that site or to the person who copied the information.
4) Objectionable Material If you find material on the SPARC website to be offensive, complain to us. Although it is unlikely that any site content will be altered to suit your personal preferences, biases, or hangups, we're willing to listen to reasonable arguments, objections, and suggestions.
5) Users Users of the SPARC Site are expected to behave responsibly and in an adult manner. Interference with the operation of the SPARC Site will be addressed on a case-by-case basis by the Administrator. If circumstances warrant, Moderators or the Site Administrator may request a user modify his or her behavior in order to maintain the operation of the SPARC Site.
6) Moderators Moderators are present on the SPARC Forum message boards to answer questions and assist users in finding information. If you have difficulties of any kind, contact the Moderators and ask for assistance. Moderators are expected to behave in general accordance with the aims and goals of the SPARC Site, and to behave responsibly and in an adult manner. Moderators are unpaid volunteers, and have no legal standing with respect to SPARC. Moderators may not knowingly promote behavior intended to annoy, inflame or incense users. Moderators are under no obligation to police a user's behavior but may do so at their discretion in order to ensure or maintain the operation of the SPARC Site.
7) Administrators Godlike in their Perfection, Beauty and Wisdom, Administrators are far past the realm of Earthly Cares, and will likely not listen to complaints from people like You. Fickle though benevolent, child-like yet omnipotent, Administrators thrive on tactful suggestions and praise but disdain criticism and lost-password requests. Because they are so incredibly advanced, Administrators are not subject to the "behave responsibly and in an adult manner" rule. Feel free to email the Administrator, but don't be disappointed if He doesn't answer back- after all, He has a Life too, you know.